Reflections in a window have always fascinated me,
There is the picture of what I am looking at and then the reflection of me looking at it. I sometimes feel like a spectator looking in on myself. I do not think it is a bad thing, because it changes my perspective.
I turned 45 on Saturday, as a little girl, I believed that I will not get older than 45, for that reason, I slept as little as possible and worked in overdrive until I had burnout at 35.
Suddenly I did not know how to live. I was angry and frustrated, longing for people interaction but hating every moment of it. I had to function and work, but I was dead on the inside and felt like a stranger looking in.
And then the journey began. A journey of choosing Life.
How you may ask did I choose life?
- I choose not to believe or fulfil self-proclaimed prophecies.
- I choose to live in the moment the here and the now.
- I choose to feel, the good and the bad.
- I take every day, one step at a time.
- My life will not start when I have hair, or when I have a husband or when I am my perfect weight, my life is now.
I now know that I will get old and that there will be enough time to be creative and to finish what I have started.
So here I am, with my first post and many more to come.