“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory”
I lost a dear friend in January of this year, we lived 1200km apart, but we were closer than sisters. It took 24 days from the final diagnosis to her death.
Neither of us thought she would die. We were sure there was time. And we lived from that premises. Planning visits for April, talking about her future after treatment, discussing the changes she would have to make. And then……………………….. SHE DIED.
I am sad.
Sad that I did not fly there when we got the diagnosis, sad that I did not have time to say goodbye, sad that I can not phone her any more and talk for hours. But out of her dying, I received the following gifts.
• The gift of thankfulness
• The gift of living every day as if it is my last
• The gift of not giving up
• The gift of dreaming big and believing that its possible
• The gift of appreciation and happiness
• The gift of letting my imagination run free
• THE GIFT OF FOCUSING ON JESUS REGARDLESS
I do not know what you are going through, but today I want to leave you with these gifts.